October Gardening Calendar
Wondering What You Should Be Doing In Your Garden?
Below is a calendar of key things you can be doing in your garden during the month of October.
Approximate Dates & Gardening Activities:
- October 3 - It's time to plant roses! Choose from bush/shrub roses, climbing and tree roses!
- October 6 - Ryegrass Winter Lawn Prep - Treat your lawn with gypsum or humic acid
- October 10 - It's a great time to plant citrus and deciduous fruit trees!
- October 13 - Ryegrass Winter Lawns - it's time to lay your ryegrass seed package
- October 17 - Last chance for warm-weather veggies like tomatoes and peppers
- October 20 - It's time to plant cold crop veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and kale
- October 24 - Plant and enjoy fall flowers like pansies, snapdragons, geraniums and much more!
- October 27 - Stop by your local SummerWinds Nursery to explore our selection of pots/planters for indoors and out!
Questions? Speak with one of our Trusted Garden Advisors!
Want More? Register for one of our FREE Learn ‘n Grow classes online!
Click the button below to download a PDF version of this calendar, for easy printing or larger viewing...
Contact your local SummerWinds Nursery to learn more.