Grow Your Own Tasty Garden from Seed!
At SummerWinds Nursery, we have a wide selection of high-quality seeds—from organic and non-GMO certified to heirloom.
Vegetables, Herbs & Edible Flowers
At SummerWinds, we carry the highest quality vegetable, herb and edible flower seeds, including a variety of seeds from Botanical Interests, Lake Valley Seed and Sandia Seed Company.
Botanical Interests' goal is to inspire and educate consumers so that they can create beautiful and prolific gardens. Their seed packets are designed to give customers the information they need to be a more successful gardener. They offer many heirloom seed varieties, a large selection of USDA Certified Organic seed varieties, all their seed is untreated and tested for its germination rate, and they do not use any GMOs.
Lake Valley Seed
Lake Valley Seed's herb and vegetable seeds are carefully selected from growers around the world. All are non-GMO and untreated, including no treatment with neoniotinoid pesticides. Their seeds are USDA Certified Organic and germination tested twice-yearly.
Pepper Seeds from Sandia Seed Company
Peppers from Extremely Hot to Sweet!
All of Sandia Seed Company's seeds are non-GMO, untreated, and organically-sourced, so you know you're getting a quality product.
At SummerWinds Nursery, we sell a variety of pepper seeds, including those listed below:
Super Hot Peppers
- Bhut Jolokia - Chocolate: Just as evil as Red Bhut Jolokia Ghost Pepper, but sweeter and more delicious! Heat Level: Dangerously Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 1,000,000.
- Bhut Jolokia - Red Ghost Pepper: This pepper will supply you with all the heat you need! The chile paste made from these super hot peppers is used for hot sauce, and even for bear spray and tear gas. Great for fresh salsa, chutney, jerk sauces, and ghost pepper jam. Heat Level: Extreme, Severe and Intense. Scoville Heat Units: >1,400,000.
- Carolina Reaper: When you eat it your ears will pop, your body will tingle and everything will feel numb! Heat Level: Extreme Severe and Intense. Scoville Heat Units: 1,500,000 - 2,000,000.
- Devil's Tongue: Similar to Fatalii color and shape, but has smoother skin, is slightly smaller and packs a lot more heat. Heat Level: Extra Super Hot. Scoville Heat Units: >400,000. Open-pollinated, Heirloom.
- Tombstone Ghost Pepper: The heat is far more than you would expect. It keeps creeping up on you until shivers go down your spine and your face goes numb. Heat Level: Extreme, Severe and Intense. Scoville Heat Units: 1,000,000.
- Trinidad - Moruga Scorpion: This pepper contains so much capsacin, that it blasts past the numbing response in your mouth and produces a ferocious burning sensation! Heat Level: Insanely Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 2,000,000.
- Trinidad - Scorpion Butch T: Recognized as the world's hottest pepper by Guiness Book of World Records in 2011. Heat Level: Extreme, Severe and Intense. Scoville Heat Units: 1,000,000.
- Trinidad - Scorpion Yellow (CARDI): Yellow is a rare and extrememly hot pepper which originates in Trinidad. Heat Level: Extreme, Severe and Intense. Scoville Heat Units: 850,000
- Habanero Chocolate: Sweet fresh and tastes good before the heat. Fantastic in garden salsa. Heat Level: Get 'er Done Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 350,000 - 450,000
Green Chili Peppers
- Anaheim - Heriloom: The granddaddy of all future New Mexico pod types. Heat Level: Mild. Scoville Heat Units: 500 - 1,000.
- Big Jim Legacy: An all around winner when it comes to green chile. Has incredible New Mexican chile flavor, thick flesh and mild to medium heat. A favorite for chile rellenos. Heat Level: Mild to Medium. Scoville Heat Units: 2,000 - 4,000.
- Chimayo: An heirloom chile with a fantastic red chile flavor. At first it tastes sweet and then medium hot. Heat Level: Medium. Scoville Heat Units: 4,000 - 6,000.
- Hatch Green Hot - DoubleCross: A perfect chile for those that love Big Jim but want a little more heat with large and hot meaty pods. Heat Level: Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 9,000 - 10,000.
- Hatch Green Mild - NM 6-4: The most popular green chile to grow because of its mild heat content and since it matures early and grows well in short seasons. Heat Level: Mild. Scoville Heat Units: 1,000.
- Hatch Green Medium - Big Jim: An heirloom variety with authentic green chile flavor and medium heat! Heat Level: Medium. Scoville Heat Units: 2,000 - 4,000.
- Hatch Red Medium - Joe E. Parker: Authentic red chile flavor with mild to medium heat. Heat Level: Medium to Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 1,000 - 3,000.
- Hatch Red XHot - Ms. Junie: Authentic red chile flavor with a lot of hot heat! Perfect for roasting, making red chile sauces or grinding into pungent red chile powder from its dried pods. Heat Level: X Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 9,000 - 10,000.
- NuMex - Jalmundo Jalapeno: This jalapeno is bigger and has more heat than the early jalapeno peppers. Easy to grow in containers and matures early. Heat Level: Very Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 17,000.
- NuMex - Sandia Select: Superior flavor, uniform high heat level and a thick fruit wall. Heat Level: Hot. Scoville Heat Units: 8,000 - 9,000.
- Paprika - Numex R. Naky Heirloom: Easy to grow and wonderful when dried and made into a powder for flavoring foods. Heat Level: Sweet and Very Mild. Scoville Heat Units: 0 - 100.
- Poblano - Heirloom: Fresh green poblanos make some of the best rellenos because of their mild heat and heart-like shape. Anchos are the dried form of this pepper, and are used in making many sauces like mole. Heat Level: Mild. Scoville Heat Units: 500 - 1,000.
- Bell Pepper - Golden Cal Wonder: An American heirloom since 1920 that has a very sweet flavor, making it a wonderful addition to salads, stir-fries, and any dish where great color and sweet taste are desired. Heat Level: None - Sweet Pepper. Scoville Heat Units: 0
- NuMex - Trick or Treat Habanero: A new and delicious no heat habanero pepper that looks and tastes like an orange habanero. Heat Level: Sweet. Scoville Heat Units: 0
- Shishito: This Japanese heirloom sweet pepper has great flavor and is easy to prepare! Great for container gardening. Heat Level: None. Scoville Heat Units: 0