Soils for a Variety of Uses
One key element to determining the success of your plants is using the right soil. There are many components to maintaining the ideal garden soil for your plants. Knowing what type of soil your plants need, what type of soil you have, how to amend and fertilize your soil and what options you have for organic pest control will ensure your plants flourish.
The experts at SummerWinds Nursery can help you navigate all of these choices. They can help you select the best organic soil, choose between organic fertilizer and nitrogen fertilizer and offer many options for organic pesticides.
E.B. Stone Organics has a variety of ready-to-use specialty garden soils, including:
- African Violet Mix (by E.B. Stone Organics) – Best for all varieties of indoor flowers. Contains: Fir Bark, Aged Redwood and Sand. Registered cdfa.
- Azalea, Camellia & Gardenia Planting Mix (by E.B. Stone Organics) – Good for a soil amendment or potting soil. Recommended for use with evergreens, ferns, rhododendrons, begonias and other plants that prefer acidic soil. Registered cdfa.
- Bonsai Planting Mix (by E.B. Stone Organics) – Great for indoor use and outdoor use for all bonsai plants. Registered cdfa.
- Cactus & Succulent Potting or Planting Mix (by E.B. Stone Organics) – This versatile mix can be used straight out of the bag as a potting soil, or as a soil amendment. Designed for all types of succulents and cacti, indoors or outdoors. Contains extra pumice for superior drainage. Registered cdfa.
- Orchid Mix (by E.B. Stone Organics) – Soil that is tailored to the needs of orchids. Registered cdfa.
- Seed Starter Mix (by E.B. Stone Organics) – This lightweight organic soil mix is ideal for starting seeds and rooting cuttings. Registered cdfa. Pair this with E.B. Stone Organics Sure Start fertilizer.
- SummerWinds Organic Potting Soil (developed with E.B. Stone Organics) – Great for all indoor and outdoor container gardening. Now registered Organic cdfa! For best results, use with E.B. Stone Organics Sure Start fertilizer.
- Citrus & Palm Potting or Planting Soil (E.B. Stone Organics) – The perfect mix for all citrus, palms and other tropical plants. Blended to provide excellent aeration and water retention for thriving plants. Contains aged fir bark, lava rock, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, and pumice. Registered cdfa. Pair this with E.B. Stone Organics Citrus & Fruit Tree Food.
- Farmer Greg's Tree & Garden Planting Mix – This specially mixed recipe makes an excellent planting medium for new trees, gardens and container planting. An ideal mix of compost and decomposed pine bark, as well as horticultural perlite and organic prococo coconut coir for optimal aeration and water absorption. Contains OMRI-listed organic ingredients.
- Ocean Forest® Potting Soil (by FoxFarm) – This popular garden soil blend has everything your plants need to thrive in your garden. Contains a powerhouse blend of aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, earthworm castings, bat guano, fish emulsion and crab meal.
- Recipe 420 Potting Soil (by E.B. Stone Organics) – Made with the best ingredients available, this soil works well with container gardens both indoors and outdoors. An all-natural organic soil that helps retain moisture and helps with aeration. This garden soil promotes strong root and top growth. Registered cdfa. Pair this soil with E.B. Stone Organics Sure Start fertilizer for best results.
- Rose Grow Planting Mix (by E.B. Stone Organics) – This organic soil mix is designed to be used as both a planting mix for roses and as a stand-alone potting soil for perfectly suited for roses. Pair with E.B. Stone Organics Rose & Flower Food.
- Strawberry Fields® Potting Soil (by FoxFarm) – This fruiting and flowering potting soil is designed to pump up your blooms, fruits and berries. Contains 35-45% coco fibre, sphagnum peat moss, aged forest products, perlite, fertilizer (0.5-0.3-0.3, from earthworm castings, bat guano, oyster shell and dolomite lime) and mycorrhizae.
Watch our "How to Prep Your Soil" Video
The quality of your soil is essential to a successful garden. Watch our How to Prep Your Soil video to learn how to prepare your soil for planting vegetables or flower beds.
Planting Directly In-Ground?
Looking for ways to amend your soil for optimal plant growth? We have a number of planting mixes and amendments to choose from, as well has high-quality fertilizers, natural and organic garden care products, and organic pest and weed controls—all for exceptional plant growth and development.
At SummerWinds Nursery, our Trusted Garden Advisors are available to answer all of your questions about how to create the ideal growing conditions for your plants. Visit your local SummerWinds Nursery today.