November Gardening Calendar
Wondering What You Should Be Doing In Your Garden?
Below is a calendar of key things you can be doing in your garden during the month of November.
Approximate Timing & November Gardening Activities:
- Treat current crops for mildew and aphids
- It's time for cold crop planting—lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Warm days means there's still time to plant your ryegrass seed for a great winter lawn
- It's the perfect time to plant pansies—winter's hardiest flower!
- Fertilize your ryegrass after 2nd mowing with Ferti-lome New Lawn Starter FertilizerFerti-lome Green Maker premium lawn food or with E.B. Stone Organics Natural & Organic Lawn Food
- Looking for the perfect gift for the host of your hoilday events? We've got some ideas!
- Looking for festive holiday color? Hanging baskets make a great addition to your garden or patio!
Late November - Christmas trees available now! Buy yours early and enjoy it all season long!
Click the button below to download a PDF version of this calendar, for easy printing or larger viewing...
November Planting Calendar
Plant the following edibles from 11/1 - 11/30:
- Seeds: Globe artichokes, beets, bok choy, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, collard greens, endive, kale, kohlrabi, head and leaf lettuces, mustard, green and bulb onions, parsnips, peas, radishes, rutabagas, spinach, and turnips
- Transplants: Asparagus, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, celery, chard, kohlrabi, and head and leaf lettuces
To get the most out of your garden harvest, visit your local SummerWinds Nursery and let our Trusted Garden Advisors help you select the best vegetables and the right time to plant. For additional tips, download the Maricopa County Garden Planting Calendar for Annual Fruits and Vegetables.
Want More? Register for one of our FREE Learn ‘n Grow classes online!
Contact your local SummerWinds Nursery to learn more.