June Gardening Calendar
Wondering What You Should Be Doing In Your Garden?
Below is a calendar of key things you can be doing in your garden during the month of June.
Approximate Timing & June Gardening Activities:
- Summer is here! Check drips, timers and irrigation to ensure proper watering. To learn more, check out these tips from Water - Use It Wisely!
- Add summer color to your garden and patio with vinca, pentas and more...
- Prune your plants to help protect them from summer wind storms.
- It's Father's Day soon! We have gardening tools and more for Dad...
- Plants turning yellow from extra watering? If so, use Chelated Iron to green them up, and nitrogen for strong growth. Houseplants turning yellow? Learn how to help them.
- Summer Harvest is upon us. Check your Tasty Garden for veggies that are ready to eat!
- Plant heat-loving plants like cactus, bougainvillea, aloe, hibiscus and lantana...
- Have hot spots in your garden? Use shade cloths to protect your plants from extreme heat.
- Use mulch to help plants retain soil moisture and reduce the rate of evaporation.
Click the button below to download a PDF version of this calendar, for easy printing or larger viewing...
June Planting Calendar
Plant the following edibles from 6/1 - 6/30:
- Seeds: Yardlong beans, blackeyed peas, Armenian cucumbers, cantaloupe melons, and sunflower
- Transplants: Sweet potatoes
To get the most out of your garden harvest, visit your local SummerWinds Nursery and let our Trusted Garden Advisors help you select the best vegetables and the right time to plant. For additional tips, download the Maricopa County Garden Planting Calendar for Annual Fruits and Vegetables.
Want More? Register for one of our FREE Learn ‘n Grow classes online!
Contact your local SummerWinds Nursery to learn more.