Be Inspired Blog - Arizona
2023 Summer Container Plant Recipes
Posted on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Sun-Loving Summer Container Plants
Ready to freshen up your pots with plants and flowers that do well in the sun and look great together? We've got 3 NEW container recipes to choose from—each one created by a different SummeWinds Nursery store. Plus, we'll give you their approximate costs so you can create your very own!
Recipe #1 - Created by our Glendale Store
- 1 - Fiber Pot 15-inch
- 1 - "Buzz Hot Raspberry" Butterfly Bush 1 gal.
- 1 - Pink Guara 1 gal.
- 1 - Curry Plant 1 qt.
- 1 - Artichoke "Green Globe" 4-inch
- 1 - Cosmos "Chocamocha" 1 qt.
- 3 - Red Pentas
- 1 - Red "Queen Victoria" Lobelia 6-pack
- 1 - Nierembergia "White Robe" 6-pack
- 1 - SummerWinds Potting Soil
- 1 - Osmocote Flower Fertilizer
Total Ingredients: $193.00 plus tax
Recipe #2 - Created by Our Mesa Store
- 2 - Plastic Glazed Planters
- 2 - Blue Salvia 1 gal.
- 1 - Gnome Purple Gomphrena 6-pack
- 1 - Celosia 6-pack
- 2 - White Pentas
- 2 - White Angelonia
- 2 - Portulaca Samba Rose
- 2 - Cherry Red Angelonia
- 2 - Juncus (Rush) Twister
- 2 - SummerWinds Potting Soil
Total Ingredients: $166.00 for both planters, plus tax
Recipe #3 - Created by our Phoenix Store
Designed to attract Hummingbirds and Butterflies...
- 1 - Black S-Hook 24-inch
- 1 - Mason Hummingbird Feeder
- 1 - Redwood Trellis 36-inch
- 1 - Chili Tufftote Bucket 7 gal.
- 1 - Gazania Sunbather 6-inch
- 1 - Lantana White Lightning 1 gal.
- 1 - Achillea Moonshine 1 gal.
- 1 - Bidens 1 gal.
- 3 - Pentas 4-inch
- 1 - Salvia Greggi Red 4-inch
- 1 - New Look Celosia 4-inch
- 1 - Lantana Yellow 4-inch
- 1 - JP Portulaca Happy Trails Mix
- 1 - SummerWinds Potting Soil 20 qt.
Total Ingredients: $185.84 plus tax
Create Your Own Summer Container
Stop by your local SummerWinds to pick up the ingredients for your favorite sun-loving summer container! Choose from the recipes above or change it up by adding your own twist. Pick from a wide variety of summer flowers and outdoor pottery.
To ensure your containers do well in the heat, check out our recommendations for container watering.